This RFI Template helps you quickly create your Request for Information for issue to suppliers and vendors. As one of a suite of universal templates, this RFI Template will:
Save you time preparing your Request for Information. Just fill in the blanks and add your requirements. Preparing a high quality, professional RFI suitable for issue to suppliers and vendors is now a cinch. And as everything is in MS Word, you can quickly and easily configure to your precise needs.
Save you effort as you don’t have to start from scratch. The RFI components are already there for you to use as you need. They’re based on the purchase of new IT, software and services, but are equally suitable for many other business RFI needs, because the template is totally flexible and amendable.
Help you short list suppliers. The standard template format helps suppliers to more clearly understand your requirements and more easily respond. So you will receive clearer and improved responses. And consequently, spend less time and effort evaluating and comparing supplier responses, and more easily identify a short list of potential suppliers.
RFI Template Contents
- RFI Template (Request Part)* to send to suppliers / vendors, containing:
- Executive summary
- Organization background
- Project background
- Instructions to the supplier or vendor, on how to reply to the RFI
- RFI Template (Response Part)* for suppliers / vendors to complete, containing:
- Summary statements
- General requirements (for new software)
- Mandatory requirements (for new software)
- Additional information requested
- RFI Cover Letter Template*
- Instructions, Guide and Tips - for preparing your RFI (PDF)
(*) Available in MS Word 97-2003. Works in all versions of MS Word from 97-2003 to 2016.